We do hope you enjoy your stay with us and keep coming back as others do!
Please read the following, if there is something you then need to discuss please do so, we will do our best to be flexible. When you make your booking, you are entering into an agreement with us. Please read our terms and conditions of booking.
In these terms and conditions, “you” and “your” means all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is added or substituted later). “We”, “us” and “our” means stay Bed and Breakfast.
Please note the cancellation policy before committing to a reservation.
Terms & Conditions of booking Bed & Breakfast at stay
The client agrees:
1. When taking a booking, we require a 30% non refundable deposit, made by BACS payment, of the total cost of your stay and the security of a credit card number and details for future payments of the balance. Without these details your booking is not complete and may not be honoured. In line with the new GDPR regulations any sensitive information is kept for 1 week after your stay with us and then credit card details are destroyed. We never pass on information to third parties.
2. Balance of Payment is due on arrival. We accept cash payments, chip and PIN, contactless payments, and mobile payments including Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
3. In the event of a cancellation, by the guest, within eight days of arrival, full payment will be required unless another books the room. Guests failing to arrive, without notification, may be responsible to a charge equivalent to the total reservation price. We are a small business, so cancellations can have a big impact on us, especially if we have turned away potential guests in favour of someone who has already booked and who then cancels. We do, however, appreciate that unforeseen circumstances can intervene and we try to be as sympathetic and helpful as possible in such cases.
4. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel the reservation due to circumstances beyond our control, we will contact you immediately and provide a full refund of monies paid. No further financial claims will be considered.
5. Bookings commence 4.30pm on the day of arrival, terminating 10.00am on the day of departure. Arrival times out with these times must be arranged before arrival.
6. No persons in excess of the number agreed at the time of booking are to occupy the room. Breach of this rule will terminate the contract without recompense to the client.
7. We reserve the right to terminate the visit of any person whose conduct is detrimental to the comfort of others. We have some standard rules that are designed to ensure that we comply with regulations relating to matters such as fire, health and safety, and to enhance the comfort and well-being of guests. We reserve the right to terminate your booking immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation where you engage in unacceptable behaviour that causes a disturbance or nuisance to other guests. In such circumstances, any outstanding account must be settled.
8. Please respect other guests and keep noise to a minimum after 10.30pm.
9. No pets allowed.
10. No liability shall be accepted by us for loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to guests, either in the property or in/to cars, bicycles or other vehicles left on the property. Nor shall liability be accepted by the owners for accident or injury to guests, either within the property or outside.
11. Please do inform us as soon as possible if you have a complaint with your accommodation or if you find that anything is faulty within the accommodation that needs our attention, so that we can assist and repair or make alternative arrangements. Due to the limited period of stay, it may not be possible to repair such items during the period of stay but we will do out absolute best to do so.
12. Please ensure that you have your own travel insurance as we do not provide this.
13. Wi-Fi is provided free of charge however we cannot always guarantee a consistent service, please read the terms below if you intend ‘logging on’.
14. No candles or naked flames are permitted in the property.
15. Any left property will be returned following receipt of a pre-paid address label. Royal mail and Hermes offer a good service and the label can be e-mailed to us.
16. We reserve the right to change our prices at any time. This does not affect bookings already made.
17. Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes, is NOT permitted within any part of the establishment. Please note that offending guests may be asked to leave immediately and may be liable for professional cleaning of any rooms and any outstanding balance of nights booked but not taken through early departure.
18. You have access to the building and your room 24 hours a day throughout your stay using a set of keys given to you when you register on arrival. You have full responsibility of these keys for the duration of your stay. Lost keys will be charged at £30.00 per set plus any additional costs incurred if any additional work is required, such as, locks having to be changed.
19. We reserve the right to charge for missing items.
20. Please take care of our home and properties. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur especially if you accidentally spill something – it’s much easier to clean if we know what it is and act quickly. We do not normally charge for breakages, but we reserve the right to charge for repair or making good if the damage is significant.
21. We have one parking space in front of the house. Cars are parked here at owners risk.
WIFI TERMS & CONDITIONS
INTERNET USAGE AND WIFI TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read through our terms and conditions regarding internet usage when staying at staybed and breakfast.
1. Extent of the Service
1.1 We do not recommend in particular the use of any websites (or other internet related services) (“Internet Services”) and your use of Internet Services is carried out entirely at your own risk.
1.2 We have no responsibility for, or control over, the Internet Services you access and do not guarantee that any services are error or virus free.
1.3 We have no responsibility for, or control over, the information you transmit or receive via the Service.
1.4 Save for the purposes of network diagnostics we do not examine the use to which you put the Service or the nature of the information you send or receive
1.5 We do not guarantee:
1.5.1 the availability of the Service;
1.5.2 the speed at which information may be transmitted or received via the Service; or
1.5.3 that the Service will be compatible with your equipment or any software which you use.
1.6 Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure the security of the Service and to prevent unlawful access to information transmitted or received using the Service, we do not guarantee the security of the information which you may transmit or receive using the Service or located on any equipment utilising the Service and you accept that it is your responsibility to protect your information and have adequate security (in terms of equipment and procedures) to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information and data.
1.7 We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the Service, change the specifications or manner of use of the Service, to change access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the service.
2. Your Use of the Service
2.1 You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails, which:
2.1.1 are defamatory, threatening, intimidatory or which could be classed as harassment;
2.1.2 contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material;
2.1.3 contain pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually explicit or arousing nature);
2.1.4 contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, colour, origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation;
2.1.5 contain material which infringe third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights);
2.1.6 in our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out our business; or
2.1.7 are otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
2.2 Music, video, pictures, text and other content on the internet are copyright works and you should not download, alter, e-mail or otherwise use such content unless certain that the owner of such works has authorised its use by you.
2.3 We may terminate or temporarily suspend the Service if we reasonably believe that you are in breach of any provisions of this agreement including but not limited to clauses 2.1 to 2.3 above.
2.4 We recommend that you do not use the service to transmit or receive any confidential information or data and should you choose to do so you do so at your own risk.
2.5 The Service is intended for consumer use only. In the event that you use the Service for commercial purposes we would specifically refer you to clause 5.2 below.
3. Criminal Activity
3.1 You must not use the Service to engage in any activity which constitutes or is capable of constituting a criminal offence, either in the United Kingdom or in any state throughout the world.
3.2 You agree and acknowledge that we may be required to provide assistance and information to law enforcement, governmental agencies and other authorities.
3.3 You agree and acknowledge that we may keep a log of the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of any devices which access the Service, the times when they have accessed the Service and the activity associated with that IP address.
3.4 You further agree we are entitled to co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you which may include, but is not limited to, disclosure of such information as we have (whether pursuant to clause 3.3 or otherwise), and are entitled to provide by law, to law enforcement authorities or rights-holders.
4. Our Use of your Information
4.1 Subject to clauses 3.3 and 3.4 above we confirm that we shall use the contact details you provide to us solely for the purposes of contacting you with marketing information, updates, promotions and special offers relating to our business;
5. Other Terms
5.1 You agree to compensate us fully for any claims or legal action made or threatened against us by someone else because you have used the service in breach of these terms and conditions, and in particular clause 2.1 to 2.3 and 3.1 above.
5.2 Whilst we do not seek to limit our responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation or if you are injured or die as a result of our negligence we have no responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) to compensate you (whether or not we are negligent) for any direct financial loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, data, use, business, wasted expenditure, business interruption, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with use of the service or inability to use or access the service or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the service at any time or damage to physical property or for any other similar direct loss that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage.
5.3 We agree that neither this agreement does not allow either party to act as, or hold themselves out as, acting as an agent of the other party and that that the terms of this agreement are not enforceable by a third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
I confirm that by booking stay bed and breakfast, I accept these terms and conditions.